2-Butternut Squash, cooked
2 C water
2 C broth
2 C milk
1/2 c heavy cream (optional)
1 bay leaf
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 tsp salt
Sour cream (optional)
Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
1. Cut squash in half and place on a greased rimmed cookie sheet. Roast squash for 45 minutes, or until done. (You can do this ahead and store until ready to use)
2. Scoop squash from skin and place in stockpot with 2 C water and 2 C broth, along with bay leaf, sage and salt. Bring to simmer, stirring occasionally to break up squash.
3. Once heated, remove bay leaf, and using an immersion (stick) blender or regular blender, pulse soup until a fine texture is achieved.
4. Add 2 C milk and any additional liquid (broth, water, more milk) to suit your needs.
5. Add additional salt to taste, along with sage, if needed. Add cream, if using. Heat through.
**Serve with sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese, if desired.
**Top with croutons.
**Serve with side salad and dinner rolls.