Seafood Fettuccini Alfredo
"Once in awhile lobster tails are available at our local grocery store for a great price! This week it was ½ off and the pre-packaged shrimp was also on sale. This meal is on the expensive side ($20 for the 9 of us), so save it for a special occasion, or omit seafood (which we do for the younger children, anyway) for an everyday meal. Serve with a side of roasted Brussel sprouts and garlic bread."
1 lb dry fettuccini noodles
4 tbsp butter
4 cloves garlic (or 1 rounded tsp minced garlic)
¼ C flour
2 C milk
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp parsley
2 C grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
2 lobster tails, chopped
1 lbs raw shrimped, deveined and chopped
2 tbsp butter
2 cloves garlic
½ C grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
½ tsp salt
1. Put pot of water on to boil for pasta.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in saucepan on med-high. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
3. Sprinkle flour over butter mixture and stir until slightly browned.
4. Add 2 C milk, stirring constantly over med heat until thickened and bubbly. Add parsley. Reduce heat while the pasta cooks.
5. Add pasta to boiling water and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
6. Once pasta is cooked, drain and return to pot. Pour cheese mixture over and stir to coat noodles.
7. Serve as is for an everyday meal or follow next step.
8. In a large skillet, melt butter over med-high heat. Add garlic and brown slightly. Add chopped lobster and shrimp and cook until just done, about 4-5 minutes.
9. Don’t overcook or shrimp will be rubbery. Shrimp will be pink/orange and lobster will be opaque. 10. Add pasta to skillet, toss using tongs, until all ingredients are combined. Top with additional Parmigiano-Reggiano, if desired. Serve.