Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes and Bacon
(Instant Pot Recipe)
8-12 Chicken thighs, bone in
½ package bacon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground thyme
½ C white wine (or broth)
1 C chicken broth
¼ C Dried Tomatoes in oil, chopped
½ C heavy cream
1. Turn on IP to saute. Once hot, add 8 ½ slices of bacon. Cook until done. Remove to papertowel lined plate and add shallots to bacon grease and stir.
2. Season chicken with salt. Add 4 thighs to pot, pushing shallots over so chicken rests on the bottom of pan. Cook 3 minutes each side, or until brown. Remove to plate.
3. Cook remaining chicken until all browned. Remove chicken and add in chopped dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
4. Add wine, cook for 5 minutes until reduced. Add in chicken broth and cook to reduce slightly, 3 minutes.
5. Add chicken back to pot, seal and cook on manual for 7 minutes. Natural release for 10 minutes. Remove chicken to baking pan and broil for 5 minutes, or until skin is crisp and browned.
6. Meanwhile, turn IP to saute and add heavy cream to sauce. Heat and stir until slightly thickened, 5 minutes.
7. Crumble bacon and add to sauce. Remove pan from IP.
8. Spoon sauce over mashed cauliflower (or potatoes) and top with chicken thigh and serve with a side of steamed green beans.