Feb 10, 2017
Friday Feasting: Oatmeal Banana Muffins
"As a busy mom of a crew of kids, I will be the first to admit, we do serve cereal (from a box!) to our children on a regular basis. But, there are days when the kids will awake to the aroma of something yummy baking in the oven. I try to aim for a once a week surprise like this. And, it's nice to throw in fruit and oats to make it a little more healthy. Chocolate too, does that count for another health benefit? We like to think so in our house!! Served with yogurt and some orange juice, these muffins make for a great breakfast and lots of happy tummies"
**Makes 2 dozen muffins**
3 cups flour
2 cups oats
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups milk
2/3 cups applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
3-4 mashed bananas
1. Mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. Mix together all the wet ingredients: eggs (beaten), milk, applesauce, vanilla, and bananas.
3. Stir together dry ingredients and wet ingredients until just combined.
4. Add in chocolate chips and stir a few more times.
5. Pour batter into greased muffin tins.
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.