Thai Chicken with Spicy Peanut Sauce (adapted from Wholefork.com)
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced ginger
¼ C natural peanut butter (substitute Sunflower butter to be Whole30 compliant)
Juice of 1 lime
2 T sesame oil
½ tsp salt
½ tsp red pepper flakes
4 T olive oil
2 medium zucchinis, cut into long matchsticks
1 C chopped carrots
1 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 chicken thighs, cooked and diced
sesame seeds (optional)
cilantro, chopped (optional)
1. Bake chicken thighs, seasoned with salt and pepper for 35 minutes, or until done. Cool and dice.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together garlic, ginger, peanut butter, lime juice, sesame oil, and salt. Add red pepper flakes and adjust to taste.
3. Add oil to pan over med high heat until hot. Add zucchini, carrot and sweet peppers to pan, stirring constantly. Cook 5-10 minutes, until desired doneness.
4. Add in chicken and peanut sauce, stirring over med heat until heated through.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro, if desired. Serve.