Apr 1, 2016

Friday Feasting: Island Pork Salad


Island Pork Salad

This Holy Week I was fortunate to have the opportunity to go on retreat. The retreat was so lovely. Meals were prepared which nourished our bodies while we spent time with God, getting to know ourselves and Him better in a beautiful atmosphere.  I love retreats – can you tell?

One of my favorite meals was the Island Pork Tenderloin Salad from Epicurious. The citrus vinaigrette combines with the rich avocado and spicy pork to create a wonderful, palette pleasing well balanced meal.  It is served on a bed of greens mixed with sweet bell peppers. For my family, I doubled the recipe found on the site.

My kids are adventuresome eaters, and they just loved this one.  I think it helps that there was so much variety to choose from, so if there was something in the salad they did not prefer, they still had a complete meal with the rest of it.  And fruit is always a hit in a salad at our place.  It turns it into such a treat.

I love looking for inspiration wherever I go, and I am so glad I asked for this recipe.  It is going to go into our rotation for sure.  All the kids loved it and so did the adults.  Couldn’t ask for more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers!!!