Sep 16, 2016
Friday Feasting: Tuscan Chicken (Instant Pot Meal)
Tuscan Chicken (in the IP)
6 chicken breasts, split in half, length-wise
Oil for sautéing
4 garlic cloves, diced
½ C chicken broth
Fresh spinach, a bunch or 16 oz bag
½ C heavy cream
4 oz cream cheese
2 tbsp flour mixed with water (slurry), optional
½ C Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Turn on IP to saute. Once hot, add oil.
2. Cut chicken breast in half to make thin pieces, creating 12 servings. Season with salt and Italian seasoning.
3. Brown 3 breasts at a time, turning after 2 minutes.
4. Remove to a plate and continue with remaining chicken breasts, adding oil as needed.
5. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
6. Add all chicken pieces back to pot, add broth, put lid on and set to manual for 4 minutes.
7. When done, release pressure and turn IP to saute. Add heavy cream, cream cheese and Parmesan cheese and stir until thickened, about 1 minute.
8. Add slurry if you would like a thicker sauce, and cook an additional 2 minutes.
9. Add spinach and stir until wilted.
10. Turn off IP and serve Tuscan Chicken over rice or noodles.