Dec 28, 2016

O Holy Night


Do you ever feel weary, like the weight of the world is crushing down upon you? Do you find the weight of your personal “crosses” seemingly unbearable? I do.

It seems like more often than not lately that I feel weary.  I feel like there's just no more of me left to share or to give.  That feeling in itself is draining.  There are days when I've been so overcome by what lays before me that tears stream down my cheeks.
 
Early mornings and late nights. Endless loads of laundry. Piles of papers to sort through and file away. Bits and pieces of random stuff just everywhere. A spouse that deserves my attention but always gets the dregs at the end of the day.

Surely I'm not alone.  What mother or father hasn't felt that overwhelming sense of weariness?  It's completely human to feel weak, because we are.  We weren't made to go on and on, doing and going, and never resting.  We weren't made to carry our burdens alone.  God sent His perfect Son into the world to make our burden light.

I was listening to my favorite Christmas hymn, O Holy Night, the other day when for the first time I actually heard the words  Here's the line that God wanted me to hear, “A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices for yonder breaks a new and glorious morn.”  I'm weary, you're weary but on the night of our dear Savior's birth, in that moment when Heaven meets Earth, it's all wiped away. A sweet, holy baby, so small and innocent, swaddled and laid in a manger, embraces our weariness, our burdens, and we rejoice with the angel choirs.

We can believe in the power of His love that makes all things new.  We can celebrate all that His life has done for us.  Jesus Christ, our Savior, our King has come to Earth to make all things new. He restores us, renews our faith, and gives us the hope of Heaven.  Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers!!!