1 lb Italian sausage (we use turkey)
2 TBSP oil
1 large onion, diced
1 TBSP minced garlic
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 qt chicken stock
1 TBSP corn starch
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 lb rigatoni (or other tube shaped) pasta
1. Add oil to skillet and heat over med high heat. Remove sausage from casing and add to pan, cook until brown, about 10 minutes.
2. Remove sausage to a plate and add onion and peppers to pan with reserved oil. Sauté for 5-8 minutes, until translucent.
3. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
4. Add sausage back to skillet and stir to combine.
5. Add 2 stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
6. In a small bowl combine cornstarch and ¼ C stock. Add to simmering sausage and gently cook on med for 5 minutes.
7. In the meantime, cook pasta as directed, drain, and return to stockpot.
8. Add sausage mixture and remaining broth, along with mozzarella to pasta.
9. Mix to combine then pour into 9x13 baking pan and cook in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, covered.
10. Remove foil and cook an additional 5 minutes or until brown. Serve with garlic bread.