Jan 11, 2017

A Clean Slate


This time of year is ripe with newness.  We just started a brand new calendar year.  It's like a freshly fallen snow or a clean black board.  Many of us have probably made New Year's resolutions or set goals that we want to achieve for 2017.  If you haven't had time or decided to write off any sort of change this year, don't ever think it's too late to change your mind.

Last year I took the advice of speaker I heard who suggested picking one word for 2016, something representative of what I need to work on in my spiritual/personal life.  So I chose the word content.  In the midst of a fast paced world, among friends who do this or have this and seem very happy, I knew that I was struggling with being happy where I was and with who I was at the time.  I'm so grateful that I decided to focus on being content – any time I found myself struggling I said a quick prayer for help.  I truly feel like I grew in the virtue of contentment.

This year I've chosen part of my favorite scripture passage to guide me through 2017.  Maybe you have a favorite Scripture verse or bit of sage wisdom that inspires you.  Or maybe there's a Saint who pushes you to be the best version of yourself.  Whatever or whoever it is, let it guide you through the ups and downs of 2017.  When life starts to suffocate you and responsibilities are piling up, stop and reflect on that tidbit or Saint, say a prayer for help.  I assure you that you won't go unaided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers!!!