Jan 4, 2017

ONE in the Body and Blood of Christ


http://www.michaeljournal.org/


1 Corinthians 10:16-17
The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ?  
The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?
Because there is one bread, we who are many are one body,
for we all partake of the one bread.


I was reflecting on this scripture message not long ago, and the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano, Italy came to mind.  The part that struck me the most (maybe it struck the math teacher?) was the detail that the five globules of blood all weighed the exact same amount even though they were of different sizes.  And, the weight of all five pieces together was the same as each individual piece.

Let that sink in. Each part weighed the same as the whole.

It goes against the very laws of nature.  The part cannot be equal to the whole.  Objects of different mass should have different weights.  But, here in the Precious Blood of Christ, they do not.

There was no division, no separation. One smaller part of the Precious Blood was equal to all of it.

When we receive Christ in the Precious Blood, we recieve ALL of Him. A drop does not go into you and another into Sue and a third drop into me...All of Jesus’ Blood goes into all of us. All of His Blood, all of His Body are ONE. There can be no division or separation.  So when we eat His flesh and drink His blood, we are completely united to Him and to all the members of the Body of Christ.  It has to be this way.  

When I consider that we are all one in the Body of Christ, it casts the ideas of selfishness and service into a new light.  If I sin (and I do), I am one with all who are in the Body of Chrtist, so that sin does affect us all.  It brings us down, away from Christ.  If I rise above my selfishness, I pull the Body of Christ up.  If I serve and love unconditionally, the Body of Chirst is elevated to greater heights.  

I see Jesus present in the Eucharist with eyes of faith.  I know He is alive.  I know that all of this...this life, the hardships, the trials, the great times...it is all in Him, through Him, and with Him.

I also know that I am one in Him, through Him, and with Him. And so is every other member of the Body of Christ.  We are all ONE in Him, through Him, and with Him.


John 6:35, 54-56
Jesus said to them, “I am the Bread of Life…
He who eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood has eternal life,
and I will raise him up on the last day.
For my Flesh is food indeed, and my Blood is drink indeed.
He who eats my Flesh and drinks my Blood abides in Me, and I in him.










No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our readers!!!